Sunday, July 26, 2009

Field Trip


This past weekend I went on a field trip to the country side of the Czech Republic to hear a famous documentary photographer Jindrich Streit speak. He only started shooting at the age of 40 and has 23 photography books he's published over the past 18 years. His stuff can be found at any Barnes and Noble. He was great to hear speak. I had a lot of fun and connected with more people. I have to say Prague is great but the country side is better. It's real, raw and honest. We also had coffee and cakes with two up and coming czech photographers in one of their homes. It was very bohemien quarky and cute. Both of them were extremely down to earth and didn't consider themselves better than others like a lot of American photographers that consider themselves on the "A" list are. Both of them have their work in galleries in the states- in New York and in Philidelphia. Unfortunately I forgot both of their names... It was refreshing and encouraging to meet such interesting, selfless people who happen to be photographers as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment