
Her story reminds me of the story of Joseph in the book of Genesis. A brief overview- Joseph was hated and envied by his brothers so they threw him into a well only to leave him there to die, however he was sold into slavery and became the overseer for one of Pharaoh's officials, Potiphar. Unfortunately Potiphar's wife accused Joseph of trying to commit adultery with her. He was put in jail for yeeeaaaars for a crime he. did. not. commit. Eventually long story short, Joseph ended up being second in command of all of Egypt. A great famine came to the land and Joseph's brothers were starving. Joseph was the head of the food supply in Egypt. Joseph's brothers traveled to Egypt to buy food from Joseph not knowing it was him because they thought he was dead. Joseph reveiled himself to his brothers in a private setting and there was much redemption, grace and forgiveness. Now I tell you this story because Abby's story although may not be the same as Joseph's is similar in that she has had struggle, triumph, grace and redemption. She is a fascinating person with an amazing personality- funny, hardworking, stubborn, and kind to name a few of her many traits. She is now living in her grace and beauty. She graduated high school, has a full time job, lives independently from our parents and has a boyfriend. His name is Mike. I've met Mike a few times now and he is a real genuine guy. He is the calm in Abby's storm and the two of them together are incredible to see. They both light up a room wherever they go...



They care deeply for each other and it is evident in how they interact with one another...




I am reading the book The Shack again for the third time and something the author said really stands out to me and I am reminded of his statement periodically when I see beauty and grace. The line follows "I suppose that since most of our hurts come through relationships so will our healing," and I see healing in Mike and Abby's relationship.



What I enjoy most about Abby and Mike are their fabulous smiles. You can spot both of them a mile away with their flashy expression... In the next few photos I asked them how they first met and this was their reaction to my question. If you know them and their story then you know why they're laughing, if you don't, well, I'll just leave it to your imagination... ;)



This next image is my personal favorite. Mike and Abby you two are beautiful!

And Biz I love you so much thank you for letting me capture a moment in time. xoxo Jessy.
No comments:
Post a Comment