Ok, so I have this album on the FB documenting (if you will) my experience out here in Cbus and it has done it's job but as of late I have this sudden urge to write more about my experience as well as take photos. So I am hoping I'll be writing on here much more... We'll see about that. Anyway over the last few months I have been inspired. Inspired by a man who sees everyday things as an opportunity to capture with his camera. Prior to hangin with Trev, everyday things bored me. I was only interested in capturing beautiful women with my "big professional camera" at sunset with lots of photoshop. Most of my shoots would take days or even weeks to plan and coordinating schedules and clothing was never a picnic. The shoots themselves are rewarding and women are most definitely my favorite subject to shoot but it can be exhausting and time consuming. Needless to say I was rigid in my thought process as to what I thought a photographer should be for myself. When I first started hanging out with Trevor it seemed to be overwhelming
always having a camera but I was only thinking in terms of my 5D. It's big and bulky and can be burdensome especially with the stupid long lens I have on it to just bring casually anywhere. After studying Trevor and his habits of photography I have now come to the conclusion that it's not about the equipment that you use that makes you a great photographer but what you do with what you got that makes you a great photographer. I remember Tony D. talking about this in one of his lectures at Hallmark but it's only now that I get it. Since Trevor revealed this truth to me unknowingly by being who he is I have not been able to stop taking pictures. I have my "creative juice" back and I can't help but to take a dang picture at any moment in time. I use my iphone and some apps to create the images I take. Right now in my life the iphone is perfect since I am
always on the go and working what seems like 25 gajillion jobs. I still plan shoots with clients and friends but I'm not held to traditional shoots anymore. So a shout out to Trevor- thanks for freeing me from the limits I had set on myself by just being you!
So to get on with it today was a great day... A perfect sunday if you will, filled with God, friends, fellowship, rich conversation, laughter, work (always work), and some quiet reflection. Below is my day in a nutshell. enjoy :)



This was on my way home from church... just had to stop!!



These women are some of the best most intriguing women you'll ever find on the face of the Earth. They are some of my White House Black Market ladies and I LOVE them!! :)




These girls are some of my very best friends for life!! We have such a tight friendship and there seriously isn't anything I wouldn't do for anyone of them!!
I hope you all have a great week. write soon! Jess
No comments:
Post a Comment